The Coastal Tram is inextricably linked with the uniqueness of the Coast. What’s more, this mode of transport is very practical. The Coastal Tram has more than 68 stops between De Panne and Knokke-Heist. In short, the ideal way to discover all the Beaufort artworks. That is why next to each work we indicate the nearest tram stop.
Using the coastal walking route, you can visit Beaufort on foot. Thanks to this walking network made up of both paved and unpaved paths between De Panne and Knokke-Heist, you can plot your own walk via the signposted hubs. Next to each artwork we therefore indicate the nearest walking path hub.
Or what about visiting Beaufort by bike? Next to each work, we also indicate the nearest hub on the cycling network.
- Discover all the works with the nearest bike hub
- 10 artistic bike routes along the cycling network
- Rent a bike: along the Coast you can easily find something to your liking at the dozens of bicycle rental places
Staff at all the tourist information offices on the Coast are happy to help you along the way to work out your visit to Beaufort in every last detail. Not only can you count on expert advice, but you can also pick up the free Beaufort overview map. In addition, all tourist information offices (with the exception of Blankenberge) sell copies of the Beaufort visitors’ guide for only € 5.
- Reservation via 'De Lange Nelle': +32 (0)59 80 73 81 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- NL / FR / EN / DU
- Exact starting point can be determined by the group
- Half a day - ca. 3h:
- East coast (Oostende - Knokke-Heist)
- West coast (Oostende - De Panne)
- Middle coast (Middelkerke - De Haan)
- Full day - ca.5-6h:
- Full coastline (De Panne - Knokke-Heist)
- Half a day: 150 euros per guide
- Full day: 300 euros per guide
The Coast offers you not only the chance to enjoy art – the food is also particularly delicious! Whether you feel like a relaxed peal with a tasty shrimp croquette, or prefer to go for a gastronomic evening with delicacies from the North Sea: on the Coast, you are always spoiled for choice. Below we offer a few tips for a delightful ‘Beaufort’ visit. Bon appétit!
- The Art of Cooking: nine seaside chefs have drawn inspiration from the artworks in their city or town
- Book a tasting session with Rotor and dine in a work of art
Would you like to spend a few days enjoying art and the Coast? Great idea!
Experience Beaufort to your heart’s content thanks to the following tips:
- Book one of the 'Beaufort' packages in the participating accommodations
- Download the Coastal Pass, which gives you a wide range of discounts and special offers at various attractions on the Coast
- Check out all the other fun tips for a visit to the Coast
Beaufort in collaboration with VLIZ launches sustainable clothing for a good (sea) cause. If you buy one of the products in the line, you will be supporting the sea. The profit will go entirely to the philanthropic work of the Flanders Marine Institute (VLIZ). This allows them to finance coastal, sea and ocean research worldwide. For, as their motto puts it, ‘More knowledge leads to better insights for a sustainable future’. This way you can continue to enjoy the sea.
Due to the coronavirus opening hours and timetables of businesses may deviate. When in doubt, contact the business directly.